Submit your design for a craft beer mosaic to benefit The YWCA of Kalamazoo
We're looking for inspired artists for a special project as part of our events for Kalamazoo Beer Week 2014.
Beginning Dec. 17, we will accept designs for a Bell’s or craft beer related mosaic to be assembled with bottle caps during one of our KBW events in January.
“This is a project that celebrates our local art culture and gives back to our community,” said Laura Bell, Bell’s Vice President.
“We can’t wait to see what people come up. There are a lot of very talented Bell’s fans out there,” she added.
The completed mosaic should be no larger than 5 feet tall by 3 feet wide and will be auctioned off at the conclusion of KBW on Saturday, January 18th with proceeds going to The YWCA of Kalamazoo.
The winning artist will also receive a special Bell’s prize.
Entry, judging details
- Deadline to enter is Dec. 27 Jan. 3. Designs must incorporate the following colors: gold, black, green, silver, orange, red, white and/or yellow.
- Judges will pick the finalists and those designs will be uploaded to a photo album on the Eccentric Cafe's Facebook page to then be voted on. The entry with the most Likes by Jan. 3 will be assembled at a Craft Beer and Crafts Night on Jan. 13 at the Eccentric Café in downtown Kalamazoo.
- Entries must also include your full name, age, place of residence, preferred contact number and email address. You must be 21 or older and will be required to sign a release form in order to be considered.
- Entries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Look for a complete list of all our events for Kalamazoo Beer Week 2014 soon as well.
Photo gallery: Meet some of the alter egos at Eccentric Day 2013
Eccentric Day 2013 tap list has more than 50 beers
The 13th Annual Eccentric Day is this week - Dec. 13, 2013.
The tap list tops off at 55 different beers this year. Please keep in mind though, that all of these beers will not be on tap at the same time. So, please keep an eye on the Draft Board (which can also be viewed online via our Draft Cam) to see what's currently available.
There is no cover and the eccentric food is free.
Bottles of Eccentric Ale from 1999, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2009 and of course, 2012 will be on sale at the General Store as well. Single bottles are $5 each or $25 for a six-pack and $80 for a case.
We do also reserve the right to limit entry to those dressed for the occasion, so please dress eccentrically. Everyone must also be 21 or older with a valid ID.
See you at 9 a.m. Friday - Cheers.
The beer list:
- Amber Ale
- Bear Hug
- Bell’s Lager
- Bourbon Barrel Aged Dagger Stout
- Breakfast Blend Double Cream Stout
- Bull in a China Shop
- Cherry Stout
- Chocolate Cherry Double Cream Stout
- Christmas Ale
- Coffee Consecrator Doppelbock
- Dagger Stout
- Debs’ Red
- Eccentric Ale (2008)
- Eccentric Ale (2011)
- Eccentric Ale (2012)
- EXP Hop 2013-2
- Expedition Stout
- Harry Magill’s Spiced Stout
- Harvest Ale
- Kalamazoo IPA
- Kalamazoo Stout
- Larry’s Latest Black Lager Trial-1
- Larry’s Latest Double IPA
- Le Batteur
- Le Brettuer
- Le Pianiste
- Midwestern Pale Ale
- Milk Stout
- Mr. Castries Vilnius
- Oatmeal Stout
- Raspberry Ale
- Raspberry Wild One
- Red Nose ESB
- Roundhouse IRA
- Rye Stout
- Smoked Stout
- Special Double Cream Stout
- Sweet Potato Stout
- The Oracle DIPA
- The Wild One
- Third Coast Beer
- Third Coast Old Ale
- Toasted Coconut Espresso Java Stout
- Toasted Espresso Third Coast Old Ale
- Trumpeter’s Stout
- Two Hearted
- Wedding Ale
- Winter White