LOCATION: Eccentric Café
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Manager
POSITION TYPE: Part-time, Hourly
POSTING DATES: 8/15/2014 -09/14/14
POSITION SUMMARY: Works to upkeep and repair facilities and assets in the brewery. Assists in a variety of aspects throughout the business as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to and advances the “Safety Always” culture of Bell’s Brewery
- Performs general building and grounds maintenance and installation projects.
- Completes daily checklists and projects
- Daily care for HVAC, steam, and water systems
- Grounds keeping duties including snow removal, vegetation care, and trash pickup
- Removal and handling of trash and recyclables
- Preventative maintenance duties on a range of facilities systems and equipment
- Loading and unloading of shipments of all kinds received at pub
- General warehouse cleaning and repairs
- Covers rotating shifts on an “as needed” basis
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts
- Must have a flexible schedule night weekends, and on call duties are required.
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Variety of hand tools and shop equipment
- Fork and scissor lifts
- Pallet jack
- Hand cart
- Bar code scanner
- Cleaning agents and other hazardous chemicals
- Company service van
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- General maintenance skills including but not limited to; carpentry, painting, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and boiler/steam
- Ability to maintain a neat & clean work environment
- Strong time management skills with a proven ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines.
- A self- directed individual who is a team player.
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative attitude.
- The ability and aptitude to work with and troubleshoot building systems and equipment
- Ability to demonstrate resourcefulness in setting priorities and proposing new ways of creating efficiencies
- Flexibility and adaptability to an ever changing environment
- Excellent customer service skills
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Prior facilities maintenance and/or HVAC experience
- Forklift training and/or certification
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and climb
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 55 lbs, occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 lbs, and occasionally maneuver 165 lb kegs
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment is usually that of a maintenance shop requiring personal protective equipment.
- The employee regularly works in a warehouse and refrigerated workspaces.
- The employee regularly works outdoors.
- The noise level in certain parts of the brewery is occasionally loud (80+ dB).
- The employee regularly works around high voltage, flame, hot water, and steam.
- The employee regularly works with hazardous materials.
- The employee works near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee may work on wet floors and with wet equipment.
Bell’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.