LOCATION: Brewery, Comstock, MI
REPORTS TO: Critical Systems Manager
POSITION TYPE: Full Time, Hourly
EXTERNAL POSTING DATES: 02/02/2016-02/21/2016
POSITION SUMMARY: Works to maintain grounds and repair assets in and around the brewery. Assists in a variety of aspects throughout the business as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Adheres to and advances the “Safety Always” culture of Bell’s Brewery.
- May be assigned to special projects.
- Performs general building care and maintenance work on building and grounds.
- Specific duties include snow removal.
- Facilities maintenance, troubleshooting and installation projects.
- Daily care for HVAC, steam and water systems.
- Removal and handling of recyclables and waste.
- General building cleaning.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts.
- Transport necessary supplies and inventory between locations, as needed.
- Covers rotating shifts on an “as needed” basis.
- May be asked to assist other departments.
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Access to a personal vehicle.
- A variety of hand tools.
- Snow blower and other gas powered tools.
- Cleaning agents and other hazardous chemicals.
- Fork and scissor lifts.
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Skills applicable to general maintenance functions. This skill set would include but not be limited to carpentry, painting, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and boiler/steam.
- Ability to maintain a neat & clean work environment
- Experience in a production environment with an understanding of lock-out/tag-out and other core manufacturing safety programs.
- Organizational skills: must be able to efficiently multi-task and prioritize.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to be comfortable working in a team environment with a great deal of interdepartmental coordination.
- The ability and aptitude to work with and troubleshoot building systems and equipment.
- The ability to operate a forklift.
- The ability to climb ladders.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) or Chauffeur's License.
- Access to personal tools.
- Prior facilities maintenance, and/or HVAC.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Ability to talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- That of a brewery/food processor & surrounding grounds.
- A food processing facility is a continuously clean/sterile environment.
- The noise level in certain parts of the brewery can be loud, in excess of 80 dB.
- May work regularly around high voltage lines, flame, hot water, and steam.
- Works with hazardous materials.
- Works near moving mechanical parts.
- Works on or near wet floors and with wet equipment.
- Occasionally will work full days out of doors.
Bell’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer