IT Support Technician
LOCATION: Corporate Office
REPORTS TO: IT Manager
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, Hourly
POSTING DATES: 02/09/2015-03/19/2015
POSITION SUMMARY: This position will perform a key role in the IT department by responding to employee computer questions and concerns, configuring and deploying equipment, and helping to keep all brewery computer systems running smoothly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following.
- Adheres to and advances the “Safety Always” culture of Bell’s Brewery.
- Helps maintain clean and orderly inventory storage area and workspace.
- Alerts the team or other management personnel to potential IT concerns.
- Promotes an atmosphere of cooperation and teamwork within the department and the company.
- Supports PC hardware components, desktop OS and application software.
- Provides end user support for various levels of technical and non-technical staff.
- Prepares, installs and tests new equipment for deployment.
- Helps maintain inventory asset tracking database for company equipment.
- Keeps IT management apprised of critical issues, errors or problems.
- Investigates and analyzes the feasibility of proposed projects.
- Develops documentation for Brewery computer systems when required.
- Travels between company sites for deliveries, pickups and support.
- Assists with any other brewery related issues that may require assistance.
- May unload any IT equipment deliveries.
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Access to a personal vehicle.
- PC’s, laptops, printers and copier/scanners
- Cisco IP phones and various cell phones and tablets
- Barcode scanners
- Network termination and testing tools.
- Company Vehicle
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to logically troubleshoot problems.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Ability to identify tasks that need to be completed.
- Ability to work in a shared office environment and be respectful of others
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable addressing diverse groups.
- Must be able to efficiently multi-task and prioritize.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to be comfortable working in a team environment with a great deal of interdepartmental coordination.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- A Minimum of 2-4 years’ experience in the IT field or equivalent education.
- Customer service focused.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit for long periods of time, stand, walk, use a computer and other office equipment.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to travel between various company locations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment with occasional trips to operational areas required.
Bell’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.