Kitchen & Dining Room Attendant
LOCATION: Eccentric Cafe
REPORTS TO: Kitchen Manager
POSITION TYPE: Part-time
POSITION SUMMARY: Works to keep all areas of the café clean and ready for customers. Properly washes dishes, utensils, and cookware. Returns all cleaned dishes to proper storage area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to and advances the “Safety Always” culture of Bell’s Brewery.
- Removes dirty plates, utensils and drinkware from tables and brings to kitchen for washing.
- Washes tables for next service.
- Rinses and washes all dishes, utensils, and cookware by hand.
- Returns all cleaned dishes to proper storage area.
- Helps keep café clean and free of debris, including stocking utensils, napkins, etc.
- Other kitchen duties as assigned.
- Other dining room needs as assigned.
- May be asked to assist other departments.
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Three compartment sink
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Good people skills
- Fast moving
- Ability to work in a quick changing environment
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Previous experience in a restaurant setting.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time walking and/or standing. Walking surfaces may be wet and/or slippery.
- Ability to occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 20 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects.
- Ability to maneuver through crowds while carrying bus tubs with dishes.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is primarily performed in a restaurant environment.
- Rapid changing flow of business.
- Small kitchen with up to 6 other co-workers working at same time.
Bell’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer