Kitchen Team Member
LOCATION: Eccentric Cafe
REPORTS TO: Kitchen Manager
POSITION SUMMARY: Assist customers with food orders; utilize food quantities while practicing health code safety in the workplace.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Opening/Closing duties (see attached).
- Stocking, storing and organizing all food and wares neatly and by health code standards
- Assisting customers with food orders.
- Answering the telephone and passing callers to the proper authority.
- Keeping the kitchen neat, clean, dusted and organized.
- Keeps up on and follows kitchen policies, health code regulations and general kitchen safety
- Rotation of food items and communication on expired items, low inventory, etc to kitchen manager
- Communication on low inventory of kitchen wares, cleaning products, etc to kitchen manager
- Able to follow recipes
- Daily food prepping and portioning
- Creating daily specials and soups based on food quantities and shelf life
- May be asked to assist other departments.
- May be assigned to special projects.
- Able to assist with POS orders and special events
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonably accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- POS system
- Outdoor grill
- Convection oven
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good people skills
- Strong communication skills
- Manages stress well and can roll with quick changing environment
- Food knowledge
- Knife handling skill
- Health code knowledge
- Friendly and smiley
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Rapid changing flow of business
- Communicating with a lot of co-workers in a confined area.
Bell’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer
PLEASE APPLY HERE: email@example.com