Lead Brewery Representative (LBR)
REPORTS TO: Northwest Regional Business Manager
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, Salaried
POSTING DATES: 05/19/2015- 06/07/2015
POSITION SUMMARY: Manages relationships between Brewery and distributors, retailers, and consumers within Indiana.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to and advances the “Safety Always” culture of Bell’s Brewery.
- Develop and maintain strategic partnerships with all Bell’s distributor partners in the area.
- Assume a leadership role in understanding, developing, and implementing key brewery initiatives with distributors and retailers in area.
- Communicate all Brewery objectives, policies, and procedures with distributor partners.
- Conduct in-field work with sessions with distributor representatives.
- Ensure that the Breweries quality standards are clearly understood and enforced by distributors and retailers.
- Build, manage, and communicate business plans and forecasts with distributor partners including brands, pricing, timing, volume, budgets, support materials and any other information that will lead to successful execution in the market.
- Coordinate product and point of sale orders to ensure achieving brewery goals.
- Review and communicate sales data and market insights relevant with distributor partners.
- Attend selected festivals and events such as but not limited to brewery dinners, tastings, and promotions.
- Develop and conduct on-going training programs with distributors, retailers, and consumers on all aspects of Bell’s products.
- Review and understand all legal restrictions regarding Brewery product in each market and ensure all initiatives are executed within those limitations.
- Maintain and update distributor contact information regularly.
- Ability and willingness to maintain flexible work schedules, as weekend and extended workdays are necessary.
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Responsible for the selection of new and existing Field Sales Representative team members
- Provides orientation and training for new staff
- Manages the performance of existing Field Sales Representative and keeps them appropriately motivated.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Microsoft Office Programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- General Office Equipment
- Company Vehicle
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the three tier system.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and maintain effective working relationships with distributors, top level account decision makers, and all internal stakeholders.
- Ability to analyze and translate insights data.
- Demonstrated coaching and team building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision – self-motivated.
- High level of craft beer product knowledge.
- High level of craft beer product knowledge.
- Excellent oral, analytical, written, and group presentation communication skills.
- Strong organizational & planning skills.
- Ability and willingness to maintain flexible work schedules, as weekend and extended workdays are necessary
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WOULD POSSESS:
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of industry experience.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Performance duties of this job include regularly being required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Must be able to participate in critical assessment of beers
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The ability to travel via car or airplane on a regular basis.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment is usually an office environment.
- Regular visits to bars, restaurants, and other retailers of Bell’s beer are required.
- Travel is required.
Bell’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.