Lead Store Clerk
LOCATION: General Store
REPORTS TO: General Store Manager
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, Hourly
POSTING DATES: 06/01/2015-06/07/2015
POSITION SUMMARY: Oversee all operations of Bell’s General Store. Manage all General Store employees while on duty.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to and advances the “Safety Always” culture of Bell’s Brewery
- Assist customers by describing beer and finding their desired item(s)
- Assist customers with concerns
- Monitor all retail employees to ensure daily tasks are being completed
- Train all new general store clerks
- Assign projects for store employees during down times
- Ensure proper open/close duties are performed
- Answer telephone and pass callers to the proper authority
- Troubleshoot closing issues (i.e. drawer is off)
- Accurately tender money and give change for purchases made in the store
- Keep up on and follow store policies, discounts, online packages, promotions, etc.
- Order and maintain retail inventory
- Assist with keg orders and special orders (homebrew/kegs) as needed
- Inventory control (use of RMS system for adjustments, etc.)
- Transport/ move inventory from storage to retail floor
- Ensure that all items are stocked and rotated
- Uphold visual presentation throughout the store (clean, dust, and organize)
- Flexible schedule, nights, weekends, and early mornings required
- Knows policies incl. beer, food, payment, guests, logs, etc. regarding band
- Assist with online orders and POS order
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
- On-duty store clerks
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Multi- line phone system
- Computers (Primarily Excel and Word)
- General office equipment (copier, printer, fax, scanner)
- POS System
- Credit card machine
- RMS System (Microsoft Dynamics)
- Company Vehicle
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- A well-organized and self-directed individual who is a team player
- Quick thinker & problem solver
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Extensive beer knowledge
- Knowledge of home brewing process
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Previous customer service experience
- Experience in a leadership role
- Prior money handling experience
- Experience working with ADP and Microsoft Dynamics
- The love and passion for craft beer is a must!
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to be on your feet and walk a majority of the time; walking surfaces may be wet and/or slippery
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 55 lbs, occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 lbs, and occasionally maneuver 165 lb kegs
- Ability to stay focused during long hours
- Ability to remain on feet for long periods of time
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is primarily performed in a retail setting.
- Will frequently spend time in warehouse and cooler storage areas.
- Alcohol-serving environment
Bell’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.