LOCATION: Eccentric Cafe
REPORTS TO: Kitchen Manager
POSITION TYPE: Part-time, Hourly
POSITION SUMMARY: Assist customers with food orders; utilize food quantities and plate orders while practicing health code safety in the workplace.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to and advances the “Safety Always” culture of Bell’s Brewery.
- Performs opening/Closing duties, dependent upon scheduled shift.
- Stocking, storing and organizing all food and wares neatly and by health code standards.
- Assisting customers with food orders.
- Answering the telephone and passing callers to the proper authority.
- Keeping the kitchen neat, clean, dusted and organized.
- Keeps up on and follows kitchen policies, health code regulations and general kitchen safety
- Rotate food items according to FIFO standards and communicates any expired items, low inventories, etc to kitchen manager
- Communication on low inventory of kitchen wares, cleaning products, etc to kitchen manager
- Ability to follow recipes
- Daily food prepping and portioning
- May be asked to assist other departments.
- May be assigned to special projects.
- Maintain inventory of prepared foods
- Able to assist with special events
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Outdoor grill
- Convection oven
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good people skills
- Strong communication skills
- Manages stress well and can roll with quick changing environment
- Food knowledge
- Knife handling skill
- Health code knowledge
- Friendly and smiley
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Rapid changing flow of business
- Communicating with a lot of co-workers in a confined area.
Bell’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer