Shipping and Receiving Clerk
REPORTS TO: Warehouse Manager
POSITION TYPE: Full-time, Hourly
POSTING DATES: 10/08/2014-10/26/2014
POSITION SUMMARY: Ships product to distributors. Receives incoming freight and notifies appropriate personnel of its receipt. Manages warehouse and cooler inventory.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to and advances the “Safety Always” culture of Bell’s Brewery.
- Tracks inventory of packaged beer.
- Assembles product for shipment.
- Rotates product in warehouse and coolers.
- Loads product onto trucks and completes Bill of Lading paperwork.
- Generates invoices for products and prices of merchandise shipped.
- Responsible for receiving shipments.
- Use Motorola scanning system to manage keg and product inventory.
- Organizes packaged beer in warehouse.
- Tracks and records amount of beer removed for promotional use.
- Must be capable of heavy lifting.
- Generates credit memos for cooperage products returned.
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Hand Jacks
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of brewing, beer, and packaging processes.
- Ability to work proficiently in Windows XP, Microsoft Office, and Microsoft Access on an IBM compatible PC.
- Communication skills.
- Ability to properly present company image to distributors and drivers.
- Ability to use company database for inventory management.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Basic math skills.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- 1-3 years of prior warehouse experience.
- Knowledge of logistics, supply chain and inventory control systems.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The work environment is usually that of a brewery & surrounding grounds.
- The employee frequently must work in a sterile environment.
- The noise level in certain parts of the brewery is occasionally loud (80+ dB).
- The employee regularly works around high voltage, flame, hot water, and steam.
- The employee regularly works with hazardous materials.
- The employee works near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee works on wet floors and with wet equipment.
Bell’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.