Best Brown Ale returned to Bell's Eccentric Café and General Store in September . To celebrate, our chefs pulled together some of their favorite recipes, both made with or to pair with Best Brown Ale. They'll be hosting a number of these dishes as specials at the Café throughout September. Stop by to try them or grab some Best Brown Ale from our General Store to make them at home. Here's the first of our Best Brown Ale recipes for the season.
Kale Salad with Roasted Fennel and Best Brown AlE Macerated Cherries
1 lb of cherries, stemmed, pitted
1 bottle of Best Brown Ale
¼ cup of sugar
2 bunches of kale, stemmed, roughly chopped or a prepackaged kale salad mix
2 bulbs of fennel
2 oz of crumbled bleu cheese
- Mix sugar and Best Brown together in a pan, heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Pour beer over the stemmed and pitted cherries, let it cool to room temperature, and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Cut the stalks and root off of the fennel bulb and cut the bulb into fork sized pieces.
- Mix the fennel with 1 tbs of canola oil and 2 tsp of salt.
- Roast the fennel in the oven at 400 F until the edges are nice and browned (about 10 minutes)
- Assemble the salad; mix your kale, cherries, and fennel together; top with bleu cheese and your favorite vinaigrette.