Oatsmobile, our session pale ale brewed with oats, is perfect for pairing with a wide range of foods and cheese.
The 4.3% ABV beer will help cut down on the food’s richness. Oatsmobile’s hop profile delivers tropical fruit notes and big aromatics, but it’s light enough to enjoy with food.
The oats specifically provide a full mouthfeel, which is unique for session beers and makes pairing with food a delight. The oats in Oatsmobile bring something else to the table you're not going to find with other pale ales.
Here are some foods that we’ve found pair well with Oatsmobile:
- Gouda cheeseburger
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Fresh turkey burger with mango salsa and white truffle fries
- Shrimp Balti, basmati rice and naan
- Bo Ssam (Korean Pork wrapped in lettuce leaves)
- Tropical bread pudding
- Moroccan spiced food, especially a Chicken Ballotine
- Hickory Marinated Rainbow Trout with Swiss Chard
- Salad of baby arugula and roasted root vegetables
Oatsmobile also pairs well with cheeses. Here are some of our favorites:
- Marin French Cheese Triple Cream Brie with Truffles (Cow’s milk): this was our winner for the tasting. David put it best “they made each other better. It was like eating truffle butter.”
- Cyprus Grove Purple Haze (Goats milk)- another pairing where they made each other better. The beer gave the paring an extra, assertive, but appetizing pepper spiciness that was phenomenal
- Goat’s Milk Gouda- this was a phenomenal pairing. We found that the cheese made from goat’s milk were all on point
- Drunken Goat- another goat cheese that brought the flavor
What are some of your favorite pairings? Let us know.