JOB TITLE: Sustainability Intern
LOCATION: Brewery, Comstock, MI
REPORTS TO: Sustainability Specialist
FLSA POSITION TYPE: Variable Hours, Hourly (Paid) Non-Exempt
INTERNSHIP DATES: 06/05/2017-08/25/2017
EXTERNAL POSTING DATES: 01/30/2017-02/26/2017
POSITION SUMMARY: The Sustainability Intern is responsible for assisting in the continuous improvement of Bell’s solid waste reduction, reuse, and recycling programs at all locations while supporting the daily operations of the Global Services and Sustainability Departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following.
• Adheres to and advances the “Safety Always” culture of Bell’s Brewery.
• Supports Sustainability Department with daily duties and special projects.
• Assists in data collection and analysis relevant to the solid waste and recycling systems at multiple Bell’s facilities.
• Assists in the maintenance of waste-related building maps.
• Organizes or develops employee educational and informational content for use in formats including E-Learning modules, bulletin boards, and instructional binders.
• Assists with the implementation of waste and recycling system changes.
• Assisting in planning and supporting waste handling at Bell’s events.
• Develops cost effective strategies to increase Bell’s landfill diversion rate and resource use efficiency at all locations.
• KPI entry and analysis.
• Participates in the Bell’s Sustainability Committee.
• Assists in documenting processes as they relate to standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
• Creates an end-of-program presentation to be given to members of the management team.
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must possess a valid driver’s license
• Computer and standard office equipment (printer, scanner, copier, laminator)
• Interaction with waste collection equipment (dumpsters, hoppers, and bins)
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Strong time management skills with a proven ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work to balance multiple projects and deadlines.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent oral, analytical, written, and group presentation communication skills
• Ability to collaborate, communicate, and relate to people at all levels within and outside of the organization.
• Self-directed individual who is a team player.
• Ability to work independently with little supervision – self motivated
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
• Recent graduate or upperclassman in pursuit of a degree from an accredited program that includes experience or applied coursework related to environmental sustainability
• Familiarity with Cost Benefit Analysis
• Familiarity with waste auditing practices
• Some experience with large-scale waste and recycling systems
• Research and data collection experience
• Experience with Microsoft Publisher or Adobe InDesign is a benefit
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing each of the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit for long periods of time, stand, walk, use a computer and other office equipment.
• Frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasional lifting up to 55 pounds
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• Job duties require work in an office setting with frequent trips into operational areas. Occasionally will work partial days outdoors.
IF INTERESTED PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO!
Bell’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer