LOCATION: Eccentric Café, Kalamazoo, MI
REPORTS TO: Entertainment Manager
POSITION TYPE: Part-Time, Hourly
POSTING DATES: 04/22/2015-05/10/2015
POSITION SUMMARY: Serving patrons with a friendly attitude and knowledge of Bell’s products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to and advances the “Safety Always” culture of Bell’s Brewery
- Knows all valid forms of ID, rules & exceptions
- Knows & enforces company pub policies i.e. times for children, employee admittance on band nights
- Check identification of each patron
- Enforces that no alcoholic drinks leave the bar
- Enforces that no one brings in foreign beverages
- Enforces that no one drink alcohol in the parking lot
- Enforces smoking ban rules & keeps smoking patrons off of stoop
- Assists in security-like duties i.e. crowd control, assisting band, patrolling grounds
- Money handling
- Helps bartender close down at end of night
- Knows band, what type of music they play & amount of cover charge
- Organizes & counts wristbands, communication when low
- Knows who is in the band & with the band; provides proper wristbands for those parties
- Handles guest list; knows the limit & who to communicate to if too many
- Handles “will-call” list
- Take cover charge from each patron
- Accountable for cash drawer intake
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- POS system
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Friendly, but can be firm and stay calm in stressful situations
- Takes direction easily
- Good memory/observation skills
- Quick-thinker, problem-solver
- Ability to multi-task
- Late-night availability
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, and kneel
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 lbs
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Entertainment venue with live music acts
- Alcohol serving environment
- Rapid changing flow of business
Bell’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.