LOCATION: Eccentric Café, Kalamazoo, MI
REPORTS TO: Head Chef, BOH Manager
POSITION TYPE: Full-time and Part-time available, Hourly
POSTING DATES: 3/30/2015-4/22/2015
POSITION SUMMARY: The Line Cook is responsible for accurately preparing dishes to order. The line cook also performs opening and closing duties and a variety of other tasks typical of a full-service kitchen.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adheres to and advances the “Safety Always” culture of Bell’s Brewery.
- Accurately cooks meats, fish, vegetables, sauces, soups, and other hot food products to order and according to recipe.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Closes and opens the kitchen properly and follows appropriate checklists for kitchen stations.
- Records hot and cold food holding temperatures in appropriate logs.
- Assists with food prep assignments during off-peak periods, as needed.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, sauté burners, oven, flat top, steam tables, and refrigeration equipment.
- Stocking, storing, and organizing all food and wares by health code standards.
- Knows and complies with health code, established systems, policies, checklists, food standards, quality, consistency, and general safety.
- Rotation of food items and communication of expired items, low inventory, waste, and any other stock issues to kitchen management.
- Assists with inventory.
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Convection, Warming, and Combination Ovens
- Gas Range, Griddle, Charbroiler, and Salamander
- Deep Fryer
- 30gal Tilt Skillet
- Planetary Mixer
- Outdoor Smoker
- POS System
- Digital Thermometers
- Computer – Microsoft Office & Internet
IMPORTANT SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Stress management
- Food knowledge
- Knife handling & safety
- Health code knowledge
- Friendly, positive, and approachable
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Previous experience in a restaurant setting
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and climb
- Ability to frequently talk, hear, and smell
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 55 lbs.
- Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Rapid changing flow of business
- That of a typical brewpub dining area and full service kitchen
- Early/late hours
Bell’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer.