Get a FREE Bar Mat & Coaster Set by purchasing 4 of these glasses - Click Here
Bell’s was approached by renowned Austrian glassware manufacturer Spiegelau with an exciting partnership opportunity to create a custom Bell’s Wheat Beer Glass. Knowing how big of a role wheat beers play at Bell’s, we were excited for the opportunity to give wheat beers some attention and elevate the experience of drinking this flavorful, complex style of beer. Designed to elevate the experience of drinking not only Bell’s Oberon Ale, Winter White and Oarsman Ale, the glass is poised to become the new standard for enjoying all wheat beers.
What makes the Bell’s Wheat Beer Glass enhance the enjoyment of wheat beers more so than a standard pint glass or hefeweizen glass?
• Raw quartz silica combined with Speigelau’s state of the art production methods help beer sustain head retention and carbonation
• Ultra-pure quartz material makes for unsurpassed clarity and flawless true color presentation of wheat beers
• Laser cut top lip of the glass resulting in crisp, clean delivery of the beer during each sip
• Larger body / bowl of the glass to capture and concentrate more of the delicate, complex aromas that are unique to wheat style beers
• Mouth opening delivers beer evenly across the palate to enhance the distinct mouthfeel, and harmony of sweetness and acidity that comes from the wheat malt in the beer
• Lip at the bottom of the bowl that results in a slight “slosh” after every tip of the glass, causing the carbonation to be re-activated, releasing more of the aromatics after each drink
• Thin walls maintain proper beer temperature longer
Care Instructions: Glass and logo are dishwasher safe. Because of the delicate nature of the glass, please handle with care.
Total capacity: 26.5 oz - though the glass was designed for 16 oz pours with lots of head space.
Posted by Unknown on 5th Feb 2015
It is amazing to me the effect glassware can have on the taste of beer. This glass definitely brings out the subtle nuances of a wheat beer. However, I bought this glass because of its light weight and large volume. As a home brewer who has not yet graduated to kegging, I prefer to use 22 oz bombers when bottling my beer. The problem is finding glassware to accommodate the larger bottle size. A standard pint glass requires two pours and stirs up the sediment in the process. Most glasses that can hold 22 ounces or more are large and heavy. The Bells Custom Wheat glass can hold up to 26.5 oz, weighs less than 7 oz, and is comfortable to hold in hand. The only downside is that it has a very thin lip and is somewhat fragile.
Posted by Unknown on 21st Jan 2015
These glasses are great although they are much thinner than the imperial pint glass. Initially, I wished that they were made of a heavier glass such as the imperial pint glass but I then realized this was a different style and has a different use. It's great for really savoring a winter white or other very aromatic beer and you really appreciate the shape of the glass once you use it.